Family Friendly Internet Filter
As the head of a household or as a business IT manager, you may want to ensure that the your Internet connection is being used in an appropriate and safe manner. Our optional Family Friendly Internet Filter gives you the ability to restrict access to objectionable content.
The World ‘Wild’ Web
By its very nature, the Internet is unregulated and unedited. These features have made it a revolutionary and indespensable medium for the exchange of ideas. However, there are situations when it may be more appropriate to control which content can and cannot be viewed in a particular setting.
Filtering can give you the peace of mind you want as the parent of a web-surfing youngster or as the technology coordinator in a place of business. The Family Filter blocks sites that promote:
- drug use
- hate crimes
It also blocks access to other areas of the Internet where safety can be jeopardized:
- chat rooms
- web-based email sites
Taming the Internet
No filtering technology is perfect. However, the Hubris Communications Family Friendly Internet Filter is superior to other solutions because it works on our end of the connection to block the transmission of inappropriate material—regardless of how your computer is configured. When you need access to blocked sites, a password override option allows you to bypass the filter. Here’s an example of what you will see when a web page is blocked by the Family Filter:
Easy to Use, Nearly Impossible to Circumvent
There are lots of content filtering products on the market which you can install on your computer. However, there are inherent drawbacks to this type of filtering solution:
- The software can be expensive, retailing for $50 or more.
- Many programs require a subscription service to keep the software's content listing up-to-date.
- Enterprising youngsters can often find ways to disable or circumvent the software's services.
Our Family Friendly Internet Filter has many advantages that make it a much more powerful, complete solution.
- The service is available to all Hubris Communications internet access subscribers at no additional cost.
- The filter content listing is updated every day. We subscribe to the update service and our listings are always current.
- Once enabled, the filter cannot be disabled, even if a different computer is plugged into your network or accessing your dialup account. Since filtering happens on our side of your Internet connection, no changes or alterations to settings on your computer can bypass the filter.
For those times when legitimate access to a blocked site is required, the filter can be temporarily disabled with a special override password.
A Service You Can Trust
Hubris Communications’ Family Friendly Internet Filter is used by schools, churches, businesses, and libraries to protect Internet connections from inappropriate material. It's a very reliable service, and it is easy to deploy over your home connection or your entire LAN because there is no software to install.
How to Enable the Family Friendly Internet Filter
Requesting the service is easy (and free!) Just scroll back to the top of this page and fill out the signup form. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours to process your request.