Using Your Personal Website
All Hubris Communications dial-up and DSL accounts come with space for a personal web page. You can use this space to build a personal website or just to store files which you want to be publicly accessible.
Ways You Can Use Your Personal Website
Having a Personal website can be a powerful tool! A personal website allows you to place files in a place where the “world” can access them. For example, say you’ve have several pictures you want to share. Emailing them can take a long time, and it can be a potential annoyance to people who do not wish to receive large files. By placing the pictures in your personal website space on our servers, you can send people a much smaller link to the pictures instead of sending the pictures themselves. Your personal website is also a great space for practive if you are trying to learn HTML.
There are a few restrictions that apply to personal websites:
- Personal websites are limited to 12MB in size.
- Personal websites are for personal, non-commercial use only. If you would like to build a commercial web site, please contact Customer Service to find out about our virtual web accounts.
How to Enable Your Personal Website
Personal websites are not enabled by default. However, you can quickly and easily enable your website at any time by following these instructions:
- Login to the Customer Account Manager.
- Click the tab labeled “Website.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enable your website.
- When finished, click the “Account Info” tab, then click “View Settings.”
- Print this page for your records. You will need the information on this page when you want to upload your website files to your personal website space.