Secure Your Computer with Windows XP Service Pack 3
Windows XP Service Pack 3 is a very important upgrade for Windows XP released by Microsoft in 2008. It features numerous fixes for security flaws in the orginal release. It also includes several new features to enhance your computer’s security while connected to the Internet. We recommend that all our customers running Windows XP install this upgrade as soon as possible.
Enable Automatic Updates
If you have a DSL or other high-speed connection, the best way to get the upgrade is to enable “Automatic Updates” in Windows XP.
- On your desktop, locate the “My Computer” icon. Point to it, then click the right mouse button.
- Select “Properties” from the menu that appears.
- When the “System Properties” window appears, click the tab labeled “Automatic Updates.”
- Select the first option, “Download the updates automatically...” then cllick “OK” to save your preferences.
Download Service Pack 3 via Windows Update
You can force your computer to download Service Pack 3 all at once by using Windows Update.
- Launch Internet Explorer. (Note: You must use Internet Explorer when accessing the Windows Update website because it will not allow you to use any other web browser.)
- Click the “Tools” menu and select “Windows Update.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your computer.
Get Windows XP Service Pack 3 from the Hubris Communications Installation CD-ROM
Since Service Pack 3 is a very large download, we have included it on the latest version of our installation CD-ROM. Dial-Up customers may prefer to use this method to obtain the software. To get the latest CD-ROM in the mail, contact us or fill out our online CD-ROM request form.