Dial-Up Setup Instructions (Continued)
Option 2: Manually Configure Your Computer Windows XP
- Launch the Windows XP “New Connection Wizard” by following these steps:
- Click the “Start” menu in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click “All Programs.”
- Click “Accessories.”
- Click “Communications.”
- Click “New Connection Wizard.”
- The “New Connection Wizard” will launch. Make selections as shown in the following screenshots:
- Type the Hubris dial-up phone number for your city.
- Enter the number using standard dashes (but no parentheses).
- Enter the number exactly as you would dial it on your telephone, including "1" and area code if necessary.
- User Name: Enter your full email address in all lower-case letters.
- Password: Enter your password. Passwords must be entered with correct capitalization.
- Confirm Password: Enter your password again.
- Three check boxes follow. We recommend you turn the 1st off, the 2nd on and the 3rd off.
- Check the option “Add a shortcut to this connection on my desktop.”
- Click the “Finish” button.
- Configure your email program.
Instructions vary depending on the email program you plan to use. Go to the Windows XP Software Configuration page and choose your email program.