WebRunner Setup Instructions (For Mac OS X)
Download and Install WebRunner Software
- Download the WebRunner Software and save it to your desktop or other place you can find it:
- Double-click on the self mounting disk image you just downloaded.
- After the disk mounts, double-click on the installer in order to begin the installation.
- Just click “Continue” to continue.
- Read and acknowledge the license agreement and click “Continue” and then “Agree” to continue.
- Choose the location to install WebRunner and click “Next” to continue. The default location should be fine.
- Hit “Install” or “Upgrade” to begin the installation.
- The installer will require your administrator password to install the software. This is the password for your computer, NOT your dialup password.
- When the installer is finished hit “Close” to exit the installer.
- The WebRunner program will now start and you must login to the WebRunner server. Enter your info (see below) and hit “Save and Continue” to connect.
- The username will be your dialup username including the domain name after the @ sign. Normally this is the same as the primary email address for the account. Valid domain names include: gcnet.com, dodgecity.net, liberal.net, iwichita.com, scottcity.net and ksip.net. If you use a domain name other than these you should use @ksip.net.
- The password is the same as your dialup password.
- After you have logged in WebRunner should now be running. You should see a dialog like this:
- The most important Setting for WebRunner is the “Images” setting:
One of the largest savings in bandwidth from using WebRunner is the amount that images are reduced in size before being sent to your computer. The further to the left you set this setting the faster pages will load (but with the images being worse quality). The further to the right you set this setting the slower pages will load (but with the images being better quality). For casual web browsing most people can probably put the setting all the way to the left (for greatest speed increase).
- Thats it. You should now be able to open your web browser and see an immeadiate speed increase. In order for WebRunner to work, the WebRunner program must be running. You may want to add the WebRunner application to the Mac OS X Doc in order to have easy access to the application.