Netscape Messenger 4.x
Netscape Messenger is the mail component of Netscape Communicator 4.x. You can configure it to access your Hubris Communications email account by following these instructions.
Consider Upgrading Your Email Program
This version of Netscape Messenger is very old. If you rely on it for email, you will be disappointed in the quality of your Internet experience and the security of your system. Please consider upgrading to the newest version of Netscape Messenger or consider switching to a different email program.
Accessing the Preferences Dialog Box
- Within Netscape Messenger, click the "Edit" menu and choose "Preferences."
- Click "Identity" under "Mail & Newsgroups" in the left-hand column.
- You may type whatever you wish in this field. It will appear in emails that you send.
- Email Address
- This field must contain your valid email address.
- Reply-to Address
- If you specify a different address here, replies that people send to your emails will be sent to that different address. We recommend you leave this field blank or leave it set to the same address as your email address.
- You may also type the name of your business or organization. It will appear in emails that you send.
- Outgoing Mail Server
- Before continuing to the next screen, make sure that the settings for "Outgoing Mail Server" are set as shown here.
- To get to the next screen, click the "Add" button if the "Incoming Mail Servers" box is empty. Otherwise, click on the name of the existing server and hit the "Edit" button.
- If this screen doesn't look the same, make sure you set "Server Type;" to "POP3 Server." The window's options will adjust to match those shown here.
- To get to the next screen, click the "POP" tab at the top of this window.
- Except for very special circumstances, you should never leave email messages on the server. Make sure the option to "Leave messages on server" is not checked, as shown here.
- To finish, simply click "OK" in all open dialog boxes. Netscape Messenger is now configured to use your Hubris Communications email account.